Northumberland Players awards scholarships each year to students heading to post-secondary education.
These awards are funded entirely by the 50/50 draw held every year at the dinner theatre at the Best Western Cobourg Inn & Convention Centre.
The Northumberland Players Performing Arts Award
A $600 scholarship, The Northumberland Players Performing Arts Award, is awarded to one student in the graduating class of each secondary school in Northumberland County who:
- has been nominated by the school;
- has been accepted to study in university or college in a Performing Arts related discipline: for example, theatre, stage management, costume-design, dance, music, or technical studies (scenic design, stage-lighting, sound-design) ; and
- has been active on- or off-stage in the performing arts at the school, or in the community, or with Northumberland Players.
The Northumberland Players 40th Anniversary Award
This annual award was initiated in June 2016 to recognize the contribution made by young volunteers to Northumberland Players productions.
A $600.00 scholarship, the Northumberland Players Anniversary Award, will be awarded to an applicant who:
• personally applies to Northumberland Players;
• has volunteered a significant amount of time with Northumberland Players productions; and
• has been accepted to study full-time in university or college in a field of their choice.
If you are a graduate and want to apply for this award, download a 40th Anniversary Award Application(PDF)
or 40th Anniversary Award Application (Word)
The deadline for applications for September 2018 is July 15, 2018
Congratulations to the 2017 Scholarship Recipients
|Campbellford District High School||• Carter Holmes|
|Cobourg Collegiate Institute||• Stephanie Koomen|
|East Northumberland Secondary School||• Kyler Tonkin|
|Port Hope High School||• no student nominated|
|St. Mary’s Catholic Secondary School||• no student nominated|